Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Cooking and Footy

I have spent the entire day in the kitchen and will be heading back there in a minute to make some chocolate energy balls.

I've been cooking up a storm for tomorrow's morning tea with the girls. We usually only have coffee, but it's my birthday this week, so I'm providing morning tea.

I've made banana bread, chocolate mousse in little cups with blueberries, lemon/lime cheesecake and chocolate energy balls.

I also did a roast chicken with veggies and gravy for lunch.

I seem to have spent more time washing dishes than anything else! But I did enjoy the cooking today :)

An interesting short video about fructose/suger. It's only two and a half minutes and worth watching.



I've watched the Cronulla Sharks defeat the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the NRL Monday night match .. I am very happy to have tipped Cronulla to win .. unlike Adoring Husband who is a supporter but tipped against his team!!

So now I'm back to kitchen.

Nite all.


No comments: