Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Birthday Morning Tea

I found one of these in my garden this evening. A hummingbird moth. You'll see what I'm talking about 3 minutes into this video - although, if you are as intrigued by hummingbirds as I am, you'll want to watch all of it!



It was coming right onto the dark side of dusk, so the light was terrible for photos. This was the best that I could get out of about 100 photos before it turned to complete darkness.


I had a lovely birthday morning tea with the girls today.


The lemon/lime cheesecake was much nicer than I expected. I think the topping of mango and cream that I put on it, balanced out the lemon/lime quite well.

The chocolate mousse was nice, but a bit rich for morning tea.

I didn't taste the chocolate energy balls, but Adoring Husband has been eating them all day, so I'm guessing they are pretty good.

I'm not sure about the banana bread-ie thing - I don't think I'll make it again .. I have a couple of other recipes that I'll try some time in the future.

I got some of the dog grooming done today. I started on Colli and she was compliant for the first 40 minutes but then began to get cranky, so I stopped and will have another try when my thumb heals. While I was cutting Jack's fur, I snipped my thumb and almost took the tip off.  Ruby and Jack wouldn't let me touch the fur around their faces, but the rest of them is trimmed and their nails have been clipped.

Adoring Husband was going to take me to the movies on Thursday for my birthday, but the movie that I want to see ("Insurgent" which is the second movie of the "Divergent" series) has it's last showing tomorrow, so we are going tomorrow instead, and will probably have lunch at Wild Lotus while we're in town.

I think I'll shout myself a pedicure while I'm in town :)

It's been a good and productive day.

Nite all.



No comments: