Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Filofax!

My oldest daughter, Vegan Chickie, writes a blog.  Her most popular posts are about filofaxes. Hundreds of people visit her blog every day, to see what wonderful advice and tips and tricks she has to share about keeping herself totally organised with her amazing filofax.

She gave me one of her old filofaxes - with blank pages of course - and along with it came stickers and post its and cards and lots of fun stuff, as well as some birthdays already marked and a few reminders.

I started using it at the beginning of July, but I am a novice and not as pedantic or as organised as she is.

She is the Queen of Filofax. The Maestro. The Magician. The Leader of all Filofax users and I shake my head in awe and I wonder from which side of whose family she took the organisational genes!

I do remember her paternal grandmother (hullo grannymus!!) was always very organised with budgets and birthdays and diaries .. so I'm guessing the genes came from that side of the family.

It certainly didn't come from my side of the family, all of whom totally excel at procrastination and doing their (and my) best work under self inflicted pressure!

So this blog post is my experiment. An experiment to see how many hits I get from people who are as addicted to their filofax as Vegan Chickie and who search the internet for more and more good ideas.

To anyone who arrives here today to read my post entitled 'Filofax', I apologise for my trickery ... I've got NOTHIN'!!

But just to appease you, here is the link to my daughter's blog .. I see you quiver with anticipation!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very chuffed to think Vegan Chickie may have inherited something from me.. Your comment made me laugh because a split second before you suggested that maybe the Organisational skill MIGHT have come from me I had been thinking the same!!

But Vegan Chickie has taken this to heights beyond my wildest dreams. I just visited her amazing web page.

What an amazing person she is on every level!!!